Cod With Roasted Garden Vegetables
Posted On 06/24/2020
It’s the best part of summer when everything is flourishing in the garden. The summer squash, zucchini and tomatoes are aplenty! There’s nothing quite like plucking fresh veggies and herbs from the garden to cook up a healthy meal to enjoy with a glass of wine.
I typically cook on the grill during the summer months. In addition to enhancing the flavor of food, it also keeps the house cool on hot evenings. However, last evening, we had some storms roll through, so I opted to cook indoors.
- 1 lb. codfish fillets
- 1/3 cup gluten-free panko
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 medium summer squash
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- olive oil
- your favorite fresh herbs, chopped
- salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste
- Thinly slice zucchini and summer squash; arrange on a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Slice onions into strips and arrange over squash slices.
- Arrange cherry tomatoes over vegetables.
- Drizzle all vegetables with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Roast in a 375°F oven for 15 minutes.
- While vegetables are roasting, melt butter; stir in panko. Add chopped fresh herbs of your choice (I used rosemary and sage); sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder and stir.
- Remove roasted veggies from the oven. Move the veggies from the center of the pan so they’re closer to the edges. Arrange cod fillets in the center of the pan; top with panko mixture.
- Return pan to oven and bake for 20 minutes.