Healthy Homemade Granola
Posted On 04/06/2016
This homemade granola is a staple at our house. It’s filled with healthy fats and is lower in sugar than commercially-prepared granola, plus it smells wonderful while it’s baking in the oven! We enjoy it as a sundae topping using iced coconut milk, along with organic maple syrup.
- 3 cups organic, gluten-free oats
- 1/2 cup organic unsulfured, shredded coconut
- 2 tsp. organic ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 cup organic nuts, such as walnuts or pecans
- 1 cup organic seeds, such as pumpkin or sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup organic maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. melted organic coconut oil
- 1 cup organic dried fruit, such as raisins or cranberries
Preheat oven to 325° F Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, combine the above ingredients, EXCEPT the dried fruit. Transfer mixture to cookie sheet and bake in oven for 20 minutes. Turn granola with spatula and bake for an additional 15 minutes. Allow to cool completely before adding dried fruit. Store in an airtight container. These make great DIY gifts; simply add to a canning jar and decorate top with fabric, ribbon and a label.