Chopped Fruit and Quinoa Salad
Posted On 03/03/2016
- 4 cups organic mixed greens (I use Nature’s Promise spring mix along with several organic kale leaves.)
- 1/2 organic orange peeled and sectioned
- 1 organic Granny Smith apple, cut into sections
- 6 organic strawberries
- 1/4 cup fresh organic blueberries
- 1/4 cup organic walnuts
- 1/2 cup organic cooked rainbow quinoa
- 2-3 tablespoons Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing (recipe below)
In a large stainless steel bowl, combine all ingredients EXCEPT the blueberries and cooked quinoa. Chop using a meza luna. Add blueberries, cooked quinoa and dressing after chopping; mix well. Makes 2 servings.
Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed organic lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons Annie’s Naturals organic honey mustard
- 1/2 teaspoons herbs de provence
- 1/4 cup organic extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper and sea salt to taste
Combine the above ingredients; refrigerate reminder in a tightly-covered container.
One of my favorites for lunch. Enjoy!